Should I include pictures?

What topics should I blog about?

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Top 10 things I wish I knew as a 1L: #10

Top 10 things I wish I knew as a 1L:

#10. Buy & sell Textbooks Online - After an entire of year of purchasing my books at the law school bookstore I realized buying online can be way cheaper and more convenient. I bought my books last semester online and saved at least $150. I will definitely stick to buying online from here on out. At first I was reluctant to sell my books back after the semester ended (I wasn't sure if I'd need the books in the future for studying for the bar or actually practicing law). However, I spoke with a professor and several law school graduates who all said the same thing.. sell them! Personally I do not recommend selling the books back to bookstore, they try and offer you like $20 for a $100 + book. In that cases it probably worth it to just save the book. But I do highly recommend selling them online and earning yourself some extra cash. Please note I never sell back my E&E's or Emanuels outlines because I feel that I may actually use these in studying for the bar but will probably never resort to picking up my case book, looking up the case, reading it, and extracting the rule. I already did that in preparing my outlines for finals, plus if I need a quick reference I still have my commercial outlines. Anyway, I wish I knew this before I could have saved myself a lot of money!


1 comment:

  1. DEFINITELY buy and sell online. As you've discovered, you save tons, and get much more than you would from your campus bookstore.

    And seriously, sell those hornbooks too. They have good resale value and you will *never* use them to study for the bar. The bar is focused on state law and Kaplan and Barbri give you everything you need to know in a clear and concise format. The last thing you'll have time or brainpower for is to go into a generic hornbook for more info.

    Hi, I am Juliet. I am an attorney and neophyte blogger and I just wanted to leave you a note to tell you that I am happy to have recently found your website. Pay me a visit me sometime if you find yourself with a few free moments. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete